DJI Avata not long ago received a firmware update that updates the D-Cinelike H.265 online video recording mode with 10-little bit coloration (up to 4K UHD 60fps). Other enhancements involve the capacity to established sharpness and noise reduction parameters for video recording, the capability to terminate the countdown for low-battery RTH by pressing the brake button, the means to transfer facts from the aircraft storage to the microSD card, and additional. Let’s choose a nearer seem at all these updates!
DJI’s most current FPV drone – the DJI Avata, and the new DJI Goggles 2 ended up announced in August 2022. The drone brought a new digicam and a significantly more compact, light-weight, and rugged entire body when compared to the to start with DJI FPV drone. Recently, DJI also introduced the O3 Air Unit which employs the identical camera as the Avata and can be utilized to make customized FPV quads. At the identical time, the company also introduced the availability of the Goggles 2 as a individual products.
Just like with the Mini 3 Professional, the digicam of the DJI Avata now also gets a 10-bit color and a couple of other new capabilities and advancements with the a short while ago introduced firmware update.
DJI Avata firmware update v1.02
The new firmware was released on December 8, 2022, and the versions for all the gadgets are numbered in the subsequent manner:
- plane firmware: v01.02.0000
- goggles firmware: v01.03.0000 (DJI Goggles 2), v01.05.0000 (DJI FPV Goggles V2)
- movement controller firmware: v02.00.0500
- distant controller firmware: v02.00.0400
- DJI Fly application (equally iOS and Android): v1.8.
The most notable addition in my belief is the 10-bit colour, but other new characteristics also sound valuable. For occasion, it is now possible to set sharpness and noise reduction parameters for movie recording. With the 10-little bit H.265 recording, DJI did not specify which subsampling they are using, but like in the scenario of the DJI Mini 3 Pro, I suppose it is 4:2:.
Furthermore, Avata will now have the capability to terminate the countdown for lower-battery RTH by pressing the brake button. It will also be achievable to transfer information from the plane storage to the microSD card.
The whole record of new features and advancements is as follows:
- Added assist for Remote ID prerequisites in the United States.
- Added potential to detect irregular angle and brake mechanically when the aircraft turns sharply at substantial speed with an altitude of additional than 5 m in Handbook mode.
- Additional means to cancel the countdown for minimal battery RTH by urgent the brake button.
- Included help for the aircraft to document video clip at [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] When employed with DJI Goggles 2, [email protected] and [email protected] are also obtainable.
- Extra ability to transfer facts from the plane storage to the microSD card. Go to Configurations > Camera in the goggles menu to use this operate.
- Included ability to established sharpness and noise reduction parameters. Go to Settings > Digital camera > State-of-the-art Digicam Settings in the goggles menu to established the parameters.
- Enhanced D-Cinelike to 10little bit, furnishing extra choices for post-processing.
- Optimized flight stability in some scenarios.
- Optimized the video transmission fluency in broadcast manner.
DJI also launched critical notes about the firmware update method:
- Restart the aircraft, distant controller, and goggles right after the update is comprehensive.
- Be aware that the update may possibly reset several flight parameters these types of as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight length. Before updating, get be aware of your preferred settings and readjust them right after the update.
- If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, goggles, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (buyer drones collection) and attempt all over again.
Is 10-little bit coming to DJI O3 Air Device as effectively?
When it arrives to DJI O3 Air Unit, the firm under no circumstances particularly specified in which codec, shade, or subsampling the unit’s camera can record. The complex specs only point out the resolution, framerate, and that an MP4 container is used. Looking at now that the exact same camera of the Avata can record in H.265 10-bit with D-Cinelike, it would be awesome to see the similar update coming to the O3 Air Device as effectively. What do you consider? Allow us know in the remarks!
Price and availability
As usual, the firmware update talked about higher than is readily available by means of the DJI Fly app cost-free of cost. DJI Avata currently sells for $629 (all over €580 such as VAT in Europe) in the drone-only configuration. The bundles with goggles and the motion controller commence at $1,168 (around €1,150 like VAT in Europe).
Do you have expertise flying with the DJI Avata? Do you uncover the image quality coming from Avata ample? Permit us know your ideas in the comments part under.