Update (Jan 6, 1:15 pm ET): Report has been updated to replicate the most up-to-date phones acquiring the January 2023 update.
What you require to know
- Samsung has started pushing the January 2023 update to its Galaxy smartphones.
- The Galaxy Be aware 10 sequence is among the the to start with gadgets to acquire the update.
- The Galaxy S22 and Z Flip have also begun obtaining the January patch.
- The update resolved some moderate and substantial-amount vulnerabilities.
We’ve entered a new thirty day period and a new calendar year, which means telephones will begin acquiring the latest month to month security patch and the very first update of 2023. Samsung is usually quite swift about releasing month to month security updates, and that stays true as we dive into the new year with the January 2023 patch.
Generally you’d hope the most up-to-date flagship models like the Galaxy S22 or Samsung’s foldable phones to be the initial to acquire a new update. Even so, this does not look to be the scenario this time all around, as the initial versions to get the update are the Galaxy Observe 10 and Observe 10+, which begun receiving it on January 2 (via SamMobile) with firmware model N970FXXS8HVL3. The gadgets are practically four a long time outdated and no for a longer time get important OS updates, but Samsung nonetheless features software program guidance with quarterly updates.
That mentioned, the Galaxy S22 sequence has started off getting the update in the United States as of January 6 (via SamMobile), and other locations are probably to follow. Per SamMobile, Galaxy Z Flip and Z Flip 5G are also among the the first foldable telephones to be updated.
As for what’s involved in the patch, Samsung’s stability bulletin for January appears quite negligible, with no vital vulnerabilities tackled but fairly a number of higher-stage and average ones relating to Samsung Knox, NFC, the Protected Folder, and WifiSevice.
As of January 6, these are the Galaxy types that have begun getting the January 2023 update (most current in bold):
- Samsung Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Extremely (S90xU1UES2BVL4/United States)
- Samsung Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Extremely (G99xBXXS5DVL3/Europe)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip (F700FXXSAIVL3/Italy)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G (F707BXXS7IVL1/Europe)
- Samsung Galaxy Take note 20 (N98xU1UES3GVL1/United States)
- Samsung Galaxy Notice 10/Note 10+ (N970FXXS8HVL3/Switzerland)
- Samsung Galaxy A73 (A736BXXS2BVL3/Malaysia)
- Samsung Galaxy A10 (A105MUBS8CVL1/South The us)
We count on a lot a lot more designs to be current through the thirty day period, so check out back again to see if your design is getting the most recent protection patch. You can also test for updates on your Samsung cell phone by navigating to Configurations > Program update > Download and set up. Be aware that updates may perhaps start off rolling out in one particular area but may just take lengthier to access added regions.
The January patch starts off arriving as rumors of One UI 5.1 begin cropping up forward of Samsung’s up coming significant smartphone launch. We hope new attributes to arrive with this update, but it is unclear when it will arrive.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is a single of the most unique telephones on the sector thanks to its folding show and nostalgic clamshell design and style. It is really also really effective and gets regular updates to continue to be secure.