Atlantic Technology is well-known for its traditional and architectural in-wall/in-ceiling speaker lines but also has its foot in the headphone and earbud space. With the wireless headphone and earbud category projected to grow to almost $27B by 2028, we’re experiencing a never-ending deluge of new TWS product announcements and whilst that is great in terms of creating choices for consumers — the points of differentiation are becoming much harder to discern and that’s not a good thing. The new Atlantic Technology TWS1 are priced at $189 USD and we wanted to explore some of its features with a review pair incoming to Will Jennings later this month.
The TWS1 is designed as a major step up in performance, personalization, and versatility for active lifestyles and diverse media needs. Here are its key features.
The earbuds feature advanced Class1 Bluetooth 5.2 wireless technology with an extended 100-meter range. The TWS1 also incorporates Qualcomm aptX Adaptive technology with 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution audio support.
The TWS1 includes Multi-Connect Pairing (Multipoint). This means users can simultaneously pair two different Bluetooth sources with instant switching. This means users don’t have to miss a call when playing a game or during a video conference on their laptops.
The TWS1 includes a low-latency Gaming Mode Instant Switch which cuts lip-sync lag on games.
Atlantic Technology provides a free TWS App (iOS and Android). The App features several useful options.
- Ai-Tune: A test program with an Ai algorithm optimizing the earbuds for the user’s personal hearing profile.
- EQ: A 7-band equalizer is provided to allow the creation of two favorite custom profiles, and seven pre-programmed EQ presets are available for different music genres or podcast listening.
- Preset Sound Modes: Variable settings and pre-set modes can be accessed via the app or via earbud tap gestures. The modes include “Balanced”, “Talk” “Workout”, “Training” or “Transparency Boost”.
- Burn-In Tool: A timed pink noise signal is provided to accelerate breaking in the headphones, a favorite practice of audiophiles for new speakers and headphones.
The TWS1 includes a programmable Workout Timer that is gesture-activated with voice prompts to end the user’s workout.
Phone Calling Support
The TWS1 includes four microphones. Side Tone Activation feeds the user’s voice back (to the user) to prevent talking louder than necessary in noisy environments.
The TWS1 provides both Siri Google Assistant video control via a simple tap gesture and voice command. Each earbud features a customizable capacitance touch panel that responds to three different tap gestures each of which can be user modified with eleven different commands in the app
Automatic Ear Detection
This feature enables the TWS1 to automatically connect to the last device paired when the earbuds are inserted into the ears. When they are removed, the TWS1 stops music playback, and the Bluetooth connection then goes to sleep to recharge in its case.
The TWS1 comes with a case that provides quick, convenient charging via an included USB-A/USB-C cable, or recharges wirelessly with any compatible Qi charging pad.
Full recharging takes only 1.5 hours for the earbuds and 1.5 hours for the case. A 15-minute quick charge to the earbuds gives an extra hour of playtime. LED indicators on the case and earbuds, plus voice prompts, keep users updated on the status of the TWS1’s key functions and battery.
- Drivers: 7mm Waterproof Titanium Coated Driver
- Frequency Response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- Driver Sensitivity: 100 dB
- Bluetooth Spec: Class1. 100 mW (20dBm) max power
- Bluetooth Range: Up to a 100-meter range when paired to another Class1 device
- Bluetooth System: v5.2
- Bluetooth Profiles: AVRCP1.6, HSP1.2, HFP1.7, A2DP1.3.1
- Bluetooth Codecs: SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX Adaptive
- Earbud IP Rating: IP67 (Dust resistance and full water immersion).
- Microphones: Four MEMS (2 per side)
- Battery Playtime: 9 hours earbuds (total 35 hours including the charging case). Earbuds Quick Charge – 15 minutes for 1 hour of playtime.
- Accessories: Charging case, USB-C / USB-A cable, four sizes of silicon comfort tips, three sizes of boom tips, and four sizes of ear fins,
- Available Colors: Black with Rose Gold Accent
Tip: The included case is Wireless Qi charging compatible. A USB-C charging port on the case is also included if needed.
Pricing and Availability
The TWS1 is priced at $189 and is available for purchase on the Atlantic Technology Website.